Recipe by Daniela's mother - probably enough for 2 spring rolls.
- Butter or margarine - 250g
- Sugar - 350g
- 1 package vanilla sugar or just vanilla flavor
- 6 eggs
- Lime peel (or powder of lime or lemon peel)
- Semolina - 8 tbsp
- 1 vanilla pudding for 2 cups
- Greek-styled yogurt - 1 kg
- Pinch of salt
- Peaches or apricots - 1.5 kg
- Peach or apricot marmalade
- Remove the water from the yogurt (put on a sieve over night or try to press it out by using a kitchen towel).
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white.
- Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the other ingredients.
- Carefully beat the beaten egg white under the yogurt mixture.
- Toss the peach in boiling water for half a minute so that peeling them is easier, peel them and cut into half and remove the pit.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Put the batter into a greased, non sticky pan and the sliced peaches on top.
- Bake about 1h depending on the oven and the thickness of the cake until is goldish brown.
- Let it cool down a little bit.
- Warm up the marmalade and spread it on top of the cake (thin layer should be fine so that the cake stays moister).