Butter Cookies with Jam Filling
- 250 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 500 g flour
- strawberry or apricot jam
- confectioner sugar
- some extra flower
- Mix soft butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Wrap the dough in foil and put it for several hours in the fridge.
- Put some flour on a clean surface and a rolling pin (assuming you know how to roll dough)
- Take a piece of the dough and roll the dough (about 3 mm thickness should be fine).
- Take a cup or glass and punch out discs.
- Take a small glass (about 1 inch diameter) to punch holes into half of the discs.
- Bake them 5 -8 min at about 400F until they become slightly brownish.
- Let them cool down, then spread a thin layer of jam on the discs and pot the ones with the holes on top.
- Wrap cookies into foil and store for next day (so the jam makes the cookies softer).
- Before serving, stiff some confectioners sugar on the cookies.
Yield: ~24 cookies