FDUMP in Frealign v9.08

Forums

Dear Niko,

I did reconstruction successfully before with 9.07 version (FSTAT=F, IMEM=2, INTERP=0). After I changed to v9.08 and only turned on FDUMP (=T), the map created was invalid in MRC format and not readable. The log file did say normal termination. I did not feel any obvious speedup, maybe just saved some time because of not creating a couple of intermediate files.

Thanks in advance!
Donghua

If you set DUMP=T the output is a dump file that you will need to process with another program, merge_3d, which is also included with the Frealign distribution. Please have a look at the example that is included in this archive (look in the subdirectory "parallel_3d").

In reply to by niko

sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm interested in this and don't see a "parallel_3d" subdirectory in the linked archive. Did the example go out of date and get removed?

In reply to by m.woodson

The latest archive includes a whole new set of scripts that should make it much easier to run Frealign. To run a parallelized reconstruction, simply set the value for "nprocessor_rec" in the "mparameters" file to the desired number of processors. Archives with the old scripts are still accessible from the Frealign download page. They should still run with the latest version of Frealign.