compiling Ctffind 4.08 in mac

I got error as
gimplification failed:
0 constant 0>
../core/program_instances.f90: In function ‘init’:
../core/program_instances.f90:117:0: internal compiler error: gimplification failed
allocate(character(len=len_trim(adjustl(wanted_program_name))) :: self%program_name)
^

../core/program_instances.f90:117:0: internal compiler error: Abort trap: 6
gfortran: internal compiler error: Abort trap: 6 (program f951)
make: *** [program_instances.o] Abort trap: 6
Any idea?
Xing Meng

Hi Xing Meng,

Internal Compiler Errors are always compiler bugs, which you should report to the compiler developers. In this case, I already know that even very recent stable versions (as of a few months ago) of gfortran cannot compile ctffind4. You should try this again with the very latest gfortran version you can find - maybe it will work.

But I would recommend compiling with a recent version of the Intel compiler. This is known to work, at least on Linux. Do you have a license for the Intel compiler?

Alexis

In reply to by xm

Hi Xing Meng,

With some work (to modify the sources), I was able to get ctffind to compile & run correctly using gfortran 4.9.1.

Do you have a version of the GNU compiler >= 4.9.1? If so, you should be able to build this under OS X.

I will try to have a new release of ctffind ready in the next few days for you to try.

Alexis

Hi Xing Meng,

Please try ctffind 4.0.9, which is now available. It builds with gfortran >=4.9.1.

Thanks
Alexis